[GRASS-user] Apply "v.transform" in polygons with overlays

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 26 04:50:26 PST 2013

On 02/26/2013 01:32 PM, José María Michia Roberts wrote:
> José María Michia Roberts:
>> [...]
>> many elements disappear after importing the layer,
>> and more elements disappear after applying "v.transform"
>> [...]
> "-c" to "v.in.ogr", so the output layer is not cleaned and all source
> elements are imported. But "v.transform" don't have such option. ¿May
> be this implemented? ¿May be useful?

Many GRASS modules expect topologically
clean input data ("level 2" data).
The cleaning functions will run automatically
if the data is not clean.

A "fix" might be to introduce a new GRASS env
variable that can be set to suppress the cleaning
functions. While it would probably be trivial to
implement this, it would also break with GRASS'
basic design and the assumptions that its vector
processing modules make (namely that the input
data is topologically correct).

Ben