[GRASS-user] grass prompt default working directory

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Tue Feb 26 05:13:02 PST 2013

Hello list,
when launching grass64, the working directory of the process (I mean the
grass prompt in the terminal window) is located at user's home (e.g pwd
command returns: /home/vincent). I did not find if this path was stored
in a Grass environment variable ? is it possible to change the default
path ?

The point is I often need to cd to the current mapset directory, it
could be convenient to have the ability to set this default path at
grass startup in a given location/mapset.

Has anyone any advice/idea for this ?
Thanks,
Vincent