[GRASS-user] db loading error

Kirk Wythers kirk.wythers at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 11:23:47 PST 2013

Not exactly a grass question, but I figured you all might see what I'm doing wrong. I am trying load a postgis db that is connected to grass.

in order to do so, I'd like to automate the 100 or so files that need to be read into the db with a \copy process from a bash script. See below:

#!/bin/sh
for infile in /Volumes/disk7/b4warmed3/export/60min2/*.csv
do
   cat infile | psql -h localhost dbname -c "\copy table1 FROM stdin with delimiter as ',' NULL AS 'NA' CSV HEADER"
done

I'm getting an error about the name of the file I'm building to then copy from into the db.

Does this approach require that I create the file "infile" first? And if so, in what directory? Or does someone see some ridiculously stupid mistake I'm making?

Here's the error:

[kirkw at truffula]bin$ ./b4warmed_loader
cat: infile: No such file or directory
Password: