[GRASS-user] Create outer line of raster

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 11:00:26 PST 2013

Hi List,

I have an ECW-file which I convert to GeoTiff using gdal_translate.
This GTiff file I use in GeoServer as a base map.

This is working great, but because I compress the GTiff with JPEG I get
white borders around my area. To solve this I can clip my GTiff with the
outer line of my original ECW file.

My question is how to create such an outer line. I can of course draw it
myself using QGis or MapWindow but I'd prefer to let it calculated.
Can GRASS do this? If so which command do I need.

Thanks,

Paul