[GRASS-user] to move or not move ? grass64 <- ? -> 7.0

Patrick S. patrick_GIS at gmx.ch
Fri Jan 11 02:03:51 PST 2013

Hello,

Here another view on this issue:
I worked with grass 7 on Ubuntu for several month and was very pleased,
i.e. no problems, except for a few scripts written for grass 6 due to
changes in the commands (mainly flags and display-commands).

However, due to the need of manual compilation and the regular updates
in Ubuntu (every 6 month) I had to set up my grass environment more or
less from scratch regularly. For this reason I have decided to go back
to grass 6.4 from UbuntuGIS-Repos and since can use my scripts within a
few minutes on any other computer or server.

Can't wait to have Repos for Grass7 available.....

Patrick