[GRASS-user] NVIZ: unable to set font type, style and size of labels

David Montoya jdmonto0 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 09:04:06 PST 2013

I have the same problem under Ubuntu 12.04.  I have compiled grass from
sources and I have installed it also through repositories, and I get the
same issue when I try to place either a label, or the legend, or the arrow.
I thing it is a kind of bug.

Here is the log error that I get:

Error: Unable to load font
Error: Unable to load font
    while executing
"Nplace_label $Nv_(label_text) $font $Nv_(labelFontSize) $clr $sx $sy"
    (procedure "place_label_cb" line 21)
    invoked from within
"place_label_cb 68 54 "
    (command bound to event)

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM, RichardC <richtcooper at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Happy New Year to everyone!
>
> I also tested GRASS 6.4.2 on Windows7 and was able to add only one label. I
> noticed the following command output from the NVIZ window:
>
> OpenGL Warning: No pincher, please call
> crStateSetCurrentPointers() in your SPU
>
> This however may relate to running Windows7 as a Virtual Host guest.
>
> The workaround is to add labels using a graphics program, but it would be
> nice if I could to get NVIZ fully functioning on my Ubuntu Precise
> platform.
>
> Cheers,
> Richard
>

> --

David Montoya González
Ing. Forestal, Universidad Nacional de Colombia
Laboratorio de Sistemas Complejos, UNAL Medellin