[GRASS-user] Geometric correction with GRASS

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Jan 15 03:09:20 PST 2013

On 15/01/13 10:44, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> Josep:
>
>> Hi,
>
> Hi Josep!
>
>> I'm working with an SPOT scene, which is preprocessed at the level 1A.
>> Now I need to do a geometric correction of this scene, not only with
>> control points but also with a Digital Terrain Model. It's possible to
>> do this in GRASS? How?
>
> Of course it is possible. Please, get your grip on the respective GRASS-wiki
> page and the related manuals.
>
> Pointers:
>
> <http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Georeferencing>
>
> and
>
> <http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/gm_georect.html>
> <http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/wxGUI.GCP_Manager.html>
>
> and, of course<http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/i.ortho.photo.html>

i.ortho.photo is used for aerial photography, not for satellite imagery.
There is currently no orthorectification of satellite images in GRASS.
It is on the ToDo list though:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/ImageryLib => "Implement/finish
linewise ortho-rectification of satellite data"

Moritz