[GRASS-user] r.hazard.flood.py - GRASS 6.4.3RC2 WinXP

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 05:00:30 PST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Paul Shapley <p.shapley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This flood module is working in the latest stable release, however there
> is an issue in that it does not produce the flood 'test1' map only 'test2'
> (the MTI map). Running the module seems to generate three maps 'r.clump',
> 'r.flood' and 'test2'. Just need confirmation that this is how it is meant
> to be and is the error below normal or does the module require fine tuning.

you need to install r.area (addon).

> Also is there any detailed information on this module? Where can i find
> it?.

This addon is based on an experimental procedure to detect flood prone area
on the basis of DEM derivatives. A couple of papers have been produced
about, [1] describes the development of the theory behind and [2] the
implementation.

*[1] Manfreda S., Di Leo M., Sole A., Detection of Flood Prone Areas using
Digital Elevation Models, Journal of Hydrologic Engineering,
(10.1061/(ASCE)HE.1943-5584.0000367), 2011.*

*[2] Di Leo M., Manfreda S., Fiorentino M., An automated procedure for the
detection of flood prone areas: r.hazard.flood, Geomatics Workbooks n.10,
2011. (PDF<http://geomatica.como.polimi.it/workbooks/n10/GW10-FOSS4Git_2011.pdf>
) *

This latter is free access, if you need the former and don't have access,
let me know and I'll send you the author's copy.

Regards,

madi

--
Margherita DI LEO
Postdoctoral Researcher

European Commission - DG JRC
Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES). Unit H03 – FRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.