[GRASS-user] looking for a solution to a v.net error

דור פרידמן dof1985 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 04:33:23 PST 2013

Hi all,

I was using v.net (operation=connect) to create a network for a
v.net.distance analysis. I'm using GRASS 6.4.2 using QGIS 1.8 plugin.

My attempt to connect a polyline map with about 11000 categories to a
points map with 25 has failed due to an error which described below.

   -  My code was:

v.net input=network points=cdw1c output=network_v2 operation=connect
> threshold=4500

   - My threshold is the maximum distance between a point category to the
   polyline map and was calculated by v.distance. I've also tried a smaller
   float to test it, namely threshold=100
   - The error was:
      - Windows alert claiming that v.net.exe has stopped working
      correctly... and the program was terminated.
      - Additionally, I have received the following output in grass shell

Assertion failed: !p->taken[i], file split_q.e, line 69

An image using Prt Scr is attached.

Can someone help me to figure out what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advanced,

Dor