[GRASS-user] Loss of data using v.net

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Jan 24 00:34:48 PST 2013

[please keep discussions on the mailing list]

On 23/01/13 22:23, דור פרידמן wrote:
> I forgot to mention that I am using GRASS 6.4.2

These is an issue with some of the v.net.* modules (incl v.net.distance)
in 6.4.2: you cannot correctly input arcs in layer 1 and nodes in layer
2. You, therefore, have to use layer 1 for everything, making sure that
category values of arcs and nodes do not overlap.

I would really recommend that for serious network analysis you use
grass7 in which Markus Metz has not only made the interfaces of the
modules more consistent, but also increased their efficiency.

Moritz