[GRASS-user] denoising error (r.denoise)

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Jan 26 03:34:19 PST 2013

hi,

>I think that this is, indeed, a (lack of enough) memory issue. On linux, with
>32GB of RAM of course, denoising 20+ tiles was no problem.

here a win7-64bit box with 8 GB RAM

>Right -- the module wont run if you set a geographic ref. system. No problem,
>even from inside a WGS84 location. Setting a proper EPSG code refering to a
>projected reference system is all that is required.
>
>Best, Nikos

another way would be gdalwarp the DEM to a projected reference system before importing in a grass location;

in gdalwarp are some more resampling methods (http://www.gdal.org/gdalwarp.html)
[without looking in the r.denoise-code which resampling methode is used there]

best regards
Helmut