[GRASS-user] decoding esri file format

Stuart Edwards sedwards2 at cinci.rr.com
Sat Jan 26 08:10:59 PST 2013

Hi -

I have a zip file provided by a US state agency that was 'georeferenced within ArcGIS 10' in EPSG 3735.  I have been unable to open it with GDAL (other than in a rectangular x,y, region as a tiff) and wonder if anyone has figured  out how to connect the esri metadata with the tiff.  When the zip file is expanded, it contains the following files:

xx_v2.txt (contains what looks like coordinates of 20 points)
xx.aux
xx.rrd
xx.tfwx (some research suggested removing the 'x', but that doesn't seem to help)
xx.tif
xx.tif.aux.xml (this contains metadata)

thanks for any assistance ....

Stu