[GRASS-user] harmonic analysis of time series

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sat Jan 26 05:33:39 PST 2013

On Saturday 19 of January 2013 16:18:59 Markus Metz wrote:

> There is a new add-on module for GRASS 7 to perform harmonic analysis
> of time series (HANTS), a kind of customized FFT, after Roerink et al
> (2000). The original purpose was to reconstruct NDVI time series, but
> it works with all kinds of time series that show periodicity. The
> module is called r.hants.

> Enjoy!

What a Great addition!!
Kudos Markus,

a one-way time-traveller,
Nikos

ps- can we also travel backwards in time with this?  I would use it to
complete my never-ending project on MODIS time series?  :D.  I was checking
the possibilities 5 years ago for something like that.  Looked, and still
looks, very complex to understand what's going on behind the scene.