[GRASS-user] Count points in a network between two locations

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 05:18:16 PST 2013

Hi,

I have a network (proper GRASS network) and two point vectors.
One is representing sampling stations the second contains locations
of migration barriers with a certain value for its permeability (0-1).
Both point vectors are located on the network (snapped via v.distance
and v.in.db). Now I'd like to get all the migration barriers that
are between any pairwise combination of the sampling stations. In other
words, I want to get all sampling stations that are located between one
sampling station and another one (all possible combinations). Moreover
I'd like to get the sum and product of the permeability values of all
barriers inbetween. Is there such a tool in GRASS GIS?

What I thought about the solution: 1) Getting paths (vectors) connecting
all pairwise sampling stations (but how) and 2) extracting the barriers
that are located on each connecting line?

Any suggestions?

best regards,

Johannes