[GRASS-user] r.in.wms2: should this work on GRASS 6.4.3RC3?

Štěpán Turek stepan.turek at seznam.cz
Tue Jul 2 06:49:10 PDT 2013

Hi Richard,

Please in G7 try:

r.in.wms url=http://neowms.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/wms/wms layers=MOD_LSTD_CLIM_E
output=MOD_LSTD_CLIM_E format=png

Implicitly format is set to geotiff, however this server does not provide
it.

Also you can try WMS in WxGUI [1] in G7, there you get only options which
server supports. After r56978 G7 should also support CRS:84 projection code,
which the server uses for WMS 1.3.0.

Best,

Stepan

[1] http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WxGUI/Video_tutorials#Add_web_service_