[GRASS-user] v.what.rast sampling cells 5 km to east

Michael Spencer spencer.mike.r at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 09:43:09 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've a problem with the v.what.rast tool. I imported a vector grid of
points with a spacing of 5 km (v.in.ogr) to GRASS, along with 12 rasters
(r.in.arc). There is a point in the centre of each raster cell, with some
extra points as a buffer around the edge (still on a 5 km grid).

Having added extra columns to the point vector file I ran v.what.rast to
extract the value of the 12 rasters, in turn, at each point location.

Checking the result in the GRASS viewer the tool has appended data from the
raster cell 5 km to the east at all locations.

Is this a bug? Has anyone else experienced it? And most importantly - does
anyone know how to fix it?!

Ta,
Michael