[GRASS-user] [gdal-dev] Working with NTF files

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 05:20:50 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Nikos Alexandris
<nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
> Nikos Alexandris:
>
>> Perhaps you were hoping to do the RPC based warp within GRASS?
>
> Yes, I was hopping to say something like:
>
> --%<---
> r.in.gdal in=NITF.ntf out=NITF sds=1 band=1,2,3,4 transform=rpc[,tps]
> [resampling=n,b,c,cs,l,a,m]
> --->%--

This is mixing different concepts, i.e. import and georeferencing. You
can use i.rectify after importing raster data. RPC is not supported by
GRASS, thus the gdalwarp approach is most probably the preferred
solution. In good GRASS tradition, you could also figure out a
reasonable target grid geometry and set this with the corresponding
option to gdalwarp.

Markus M