[GRASS-user] Directed vector networks (e.g. river networks)

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 02:03:04 PDT 2013

Hi,

as I am not very familiar with GRASS' vector capabilities maybe someone of
you has some ideas. Is there the concept of directed vector networks e.g
describing river networks with flow direction implemented in GRASS?

I am looking for a way that counts all barriers when routing from a
starting point in the network And I'd like to get the number of barriers
that are downstream and those that are upstream a given point. Or is there
a way to "cut" a network into two parts where one is automatically detected
as upstream while the other one is declared as the downstream network?

Furthermore I am interested in calculating stream order for such dendritic
networks. I saw the v.strahler add on, is there also an add on that
calculates other types of stream order (here I am most interested in a
vector based Shreve's stream order like as already implemented in
r.stream.order).

Thank you!

Best regards,
Johannes