[GRASS-user] [LAStools] Cannot understand why lasoverage is not behaving as expected

Martin Isenburg martin.isenburg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 01:55:37 PDT 2013

Hello Adam,

lasoverage is fully functional in the version that is online - except for the black diagonal lines that are added to the output raster. However, these only minimally affect your ability to judge the quality of the flight line alignment but let you evaluate the speed and efficiency of using LAStools for quality checking.

The GPS time is not being used for lasoverlap. For lasoverlap it is important that an adequate step size is used and that the input contains correct populated point source ID fields. If the input is a set of flight lines this means that the option '-files_are_flightlines' needs to be set. Then there will be one single output raster. If the input are already tiled flightlines then each point must indicate which flight line it is from with a flight line unique point source ID. Then there will be one ouput raster per tile (unless '-merged' was specified).

Any issues with lasoverlap are to be blamed either on user error or on poor documentation. (-:

Regards,

Martin

PS: Also see the tutorial section on http://rapidlasso.com ...