[GRASS-user] How to plot a vector field?

david adam david at quercus.org
Thu Jun 27 16:49:24 PDT 2013

I would like to plot data which consist of a number of points, each of
which has a latitude, a longitude, an x-velocity, and a y-velocity.  I
want to plot an arrow for each point that starts at the proper latitude
and longitude, and has a length and direction that show the velocity.  I
used to think of these as vector values, but in GRASS a vector is
something else.  What is the proper GRASS terminology for this kind of
data?  What modules do this kind of plot?
tia,
david adam