[GRASS-user] GRASS and opensuse 12.3

jwd jwd at surewest.net
Thu Jun 27 22:02:11 PDT 2013

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:24:03 +0200
Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> libpng16.so.16 and libodbc.so.2 is part of opensuse factory AFAIK.
>
> Maybe you mixed up 12.3 with factory packages/repositories? On my
> Opensuse 12.3 with libodb.so.1 and libpng15.so.15 it installs without
> problems.
>
> Regards
> Otto

I wish I knew.  I used to compile GRASS, gdal and proj.4 from source on
SUSE, but that was a while ago.  I've been running other releases just
for the fun of it.  I switched back from kubuntu just a few weeks ago
and have been tuning up the system ever since.  I tried the
installation procedures accessed from the GRASS web site with no
success.  Thank you for replying.

JWDougherty