[GRASS-user] TO BE POST: Extract a smaller image (sample) from a raster map

Liria Boix lagartiar at yahoo.es
Sun Jun 30 07:19:27 PDT 2013

COULD THIS BE POSTED TO THE MAILING LIST, PLEASE? I'M SUBSCRIBED TO IT BUT MY POST APPEAR AS  "... NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet. "

Hi everyone:

Have Modis images MOD13Q1 reprojected into Tiff format imported
into grass to analize NDVI for different months and seasons. As I just
need to analize NDVI for a specific crop area of the image imported, I want to extract or select that region from the raster map.

After reading several post explaining that R.region/G.region
should be use to set the geographic boundaries, I decided to follow the
instruction and have use r.region setting nort, south, east and
west values of the smaller area BUT only get the same image narrower in
width and longer in high.

Now, when I follow the use of this command again I get the message "unable to parse command r.region"

I'm new in Grass! and feel confuse. What I am missing? Please help! Many Thanks in adavance.