[GRASS-user] importing raster from a linear projection into current location

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 12:53:13 PST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to import a series of rasters (HDF) in a linear projection,
i.e. without any projection information, where x and y are simple
indexes; gdalinfo shows:

Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left  (    0.0,    0.0)
Lower Left  (    0.0, 1114.0)
Upper Right ( 1572.0,    0.0)
Lower Right ( 1572.0, 1114.0)
Center      (  786.0,  557.0)

Since we know what the extent and resolution of the rasters are, in
geographic coordinates, I have defined a location with this matching
information.  Of course, r.in.gdal cannot import the rasters because it
doesn't know about this.  Any advice on how to proceed in this case?

Cheers,

--
Seb