[GRASS-user] Calculate average of 3 highest values for a set of raster maps

José Miguel Barrios jmbarriosg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 23:33:36 PDT 2013

Hi Milton,

A possible approach could be, for example, to do the following with each
map:

r.stats -1 input=map1 output=cellvaluesmap1

It will create a file containing the cell values for each map.  Then you
can read this file into R and average the three highest values.  Something
like:

values.map1<-read.table("cellvaluesmap1")
threehighest<-values.map1$V1[order(values.map1,decreasing=FALSE)][1:3]
mean3highest<-mean(threehighest)

Hope it helps. Success

Miguel