[GRASS-user] grass prompt default working directory

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sat Mar 16 14:43:56 PDT 2013

Nikos wrote:
> >> Luckily, the history functions of bash are very handy (e.g. Ctrl + R and
> >> more).

Hamish:
> > re. "and more", fwiw, I find adding this to ~/.inputrc is much
> > nicer to use than ^r,

> > # -------- Bind page up/down wih history search ---------
> > "\e[5~": history-search-backward
> > "\e[6~": history-search-forward

> > type the first few letters, then PgUp to see earlier matches..

So, using it for while I see it as very handy. Thanks again.

> I guess this replicates the continuous "Ctrl + R" functionality.

Just for the records:

still, it does not replace continuous "Ctrl+R" which will go through _all_
matches of the typed string, initially earlier lines starting with it, then
through the entire history, no matter where the "given" string is located in a
recorder command.

Nikos