[GRASS-user] [GRASS-dev] minimal wxPython version

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 08:56:10 PDT 2013

Hi Michael,

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu> wrote:
> My understanding is that Python 3 is not backward compatible with Python 2.

it is true, but we are not talking to require python3 instead of
python2, we are talking to require python2.6 instead of python2.4,
that it is not backward compatible.

Changing python2.4 in python2.6 allow us to start preparing the code
to reduce the gap between python2 and python3. Therefore if one day in
the 2016 or later (may be for GRASS8), we decide to switch definitely
to python3 we should be able to switch without too much effort.

Pietro