[GRASS-user] Issue with SVN GRASS build on Windows

Michael Treglia mtreglia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 13:04:38 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Due to an earlier issue with i.landsat.toar, I upgraded to the most recent
version of GRASS available (found here):
http://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass64/. I was previously using the latest
Stable build (here: http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/native/).
I am running Windows 7, 64 bit.

 When I try to run certain functions, I get errors related to DLLs. For
example, a Windows error pops up when I try to import or export a raster
(r.in.gdal and r.out.gdal through the GUI). The import window will appear
once I click OK to the error, and if I go to use the Import function again,
I do not get the error again during that session.

However, the export function is not working at all. I get a couple of
errors that pop up in Windows:
1) The procedure entry point H5Eauto_is_V2 could not be loacted in the
dynamic lik library hdf5dll.dll
2) The procedure entry point GTIFFreeMemory could not be located in the
dynamic link library gdal19.dll

In case this helps, I've pasted what appears in the Command Console when I
simply try to open GRASS and use the GUI to navigate to Export Common
Raster Formats at the end of the e-mail

Errors also appear in the black-background Command Window along the lines
of this:ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL:
C:\Python27\Lns\gdal_HDF5Image.dll
127: The specified procedure could not be found.

I tried to install an SVN build of GRASS 7 earlier in the week, and had
similar error messages come up.

Should I just try to use the Stable version of GRASS for now? Or am I
probably doing something incorrectly on the install?

I'm still new to GRASS, and I realize I might be better to run it on a
Linux boot (or at least in a Virtual Machine?), but I won't have time to
learn more about that right now.

Thank you again for any help!
Best regards,
Mike

Text from the Command Console:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS GIS
6.4.3svn\etc\wxpython\lmgr\frame.py", line 557, in OnMenuCmd

GUI(parent = self).ParseCommand(cmd)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS GIS
6.4.3svn\etc\wxpython\gui_core\forms.py", line 1867, in
ParseCommand

blackList = _blackList)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS GIS
6.4.3svn\etc\python\grass\script\task.py", line 470, in
parse_interface

tree = etree.fromstring(get_interface_description(name))
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS GIS
6.4.3svn\Python27\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1283,
in XML

return parser.close()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS GIS
6.4.3svn\Python27\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1636,
in close

self._raiseerror(v)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS GIS
6.4.3svn\Python27\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1488,
in _raiseerror

raise err
xml.etree.ElementTree
.