[GRASS-user] PNG output using Cairo: pb. with raster map

Nicolas Pérenne nicolas.perenne at free.fr
Sat Mar 23 10:18:13 PDT 2013

Dear GRASS users,

This is about generating PNG files with the Cairo driver.
I like very much the antialising provided with the Cairo driver but I
have an issue here about raster maps rendering.

No problem with the PNG driver:
 >export GRASS_TRUECOLOR=true
 >d.mon PNG
 >#begin plot
 >d.rast pfd4
 >d.vect tch
 >d.vect c20
 >d.vect c21
 >d.vect pfd_ctr col=yellow
 >d.vect emissaire cat=3 col=orange width=2
 >d.vect emissaire cat=1 col=blue width=3
 >d.vect emissaire cat=2 col=red width=3
 >#end plot
 >d.mon stop=PNG
=> 'map.png' ok (with aliased vector maps, especially with default
640x480 resolution).

However:
 >d.mon cairo
 >#begin plot
 > (...) # same plot
 >#end plot
 >d.mon stop=cairo
=> 'map.png' is fine (anti-aliased) but... raster map 'pfd4' is not drawn!

Please let me know if this is a known issue with the Cairo driver or if
(much more probably) I missed something.

My system: Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS) + PPA ubuntugis-unstable (GRASS 6.4.2).

Nicolas