[GRASS-user] Help with installing GRASS 7 on linux mint 14

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Mar 25 05:55:57 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM, דור פרידמן <dof1985 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have run sudo add-apt-repository for ppa:grassgis/grassgis-testing on my
> Linux mint 14 (NADIA), but I can't figure out how to run the program. Can
> someone instruct me through the process?

Dor,

you may take a look at
http://grass.osgeo.org/documentation/first-time-users/

Let me suggest to get some sample data to play with:
http://grass.osgeo.org/download/sample-data/
-> complete NC location: GRASS 6 full data

Most manual pages and many tutorials are based on this North
Carolina data set.

In the startup screen (http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/helptext.html)
you will select this sample dataset which enables to start right away.

Markus