[GRASS-user] Is Kyngesburye's binary for Mac GDAL compatible with GRASS 7?

gregory.penn at gmail.com gregory.penn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 15:06:55 PDT 2013

I'm figuring out how to install GRASS 7 on my Mac (OS 10.8.3). According to
the instructions here:

http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/source/snapshot/INSTALL

GDAL should be compiled without GRASS support. I recently installed GDAL
using Kyngesburye's binary, as prerequisite to installing GRASS 6. My
question is, do I need to install another version of GDAL prior to
installing GRASS 7, and if so then are there issues with having multiple
versions installed?

Thanks,
Gregory