[GRASS-user] older grass 7 release

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Mar 26 11:07:47 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Chad Ferguson <terrafergus at gmail.com> wrote:
> List
>
> I am wanting to use grass 7 as a particular add-on, r.geomorphons, was
> written against it.

In general Addons should be compliant for an entire release cycle.
Is there a particular problem?

> I have tried the last several ppa releases but have had
> no success with either the g.extension or make command to install it.

We would need the error messages to help.
Note that r.geomorphons is not in the GRASS Addons repository, to
you need to indicate the path to the code yourself.

> I am
> wondering if it's possible to acquire older releases where these functions
> were working.  If so, can anyone direct me to a release (svn?) and how I
> would go about installing it?

You can use the SVN release numbers. The author of r.geomorphons may
help here, the module is not in the GRASS Addons repository.

Markus