[GRASS-user] Help with installing GRASS 7 on linux mint 14

דור פרידמן dof1985 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 13:43:21 PDT 2013

Hi Eric,

It seems that I can only run *v.net.distance* properly on grass 7, so I
have tried to install it as you suggested. I had some problems as follows:

Running *sudo ppa-purge ubuntugis-testing* have shown some errors (I can't
fetch them from the terminal, since they haven't been saved, though I can
run the command again). It was very similar to those I had last time;
structured with a letter, i.e. W or E with some text like: "failed to
fetch...."

Next, when running configuration, I have receieved the following:

dof1985 at dof1985-K53E ~/source/grass7_trunk $ ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/grass70 --enable-largefile --with-sqlite
--with-freetype=yes --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2
--with-proj-share=/usr/share/proj --with-python --with-cxx --with-wxeidgets
--with-tcltk-includes=/usr/include/tcl8.5 --with-odbc=yes --enable-64bit
--with-geos=yes --with-cairo=yes
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for executable suffix... no
checking for full floating-point support... yes
checking for pwd... /bin/pwd
checking for source directory... /home/dof1985/source/grass7_trunk
checking for build directory... /home/dof1985/source/grass7_trunk
checking for svnversion... /usr/bin/svnversion
checking for MacOSX App... no
checking for MacOSX architectures... no
checking for MacOSX SDK... no
checking how to build libraries... shared
checking for additional include dirs...
checking for additional library dirs...
checking for flex... lex
checking for yywrap in -ll... no
checking for lex... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate lex.

Is there something I've done wrong?

Best,

Dor