[GRASS-user] Fwd: Re: ppa for grass 7 Ubuntu Quantal

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Wed Mar 27 14:45:40 PDT 2013

>> yes. there is. unbuntugis-testing PPA
>
> I found ubuntugis-testig, but it only goes up to precise - I am looking for quantal.
>
> Don't worry for now - I just compiled GRASS.
What about contributing to the automatic development builds -- once
yours works?

Just push your changes to:
https://code.launchpad.net/~grass/grass/grass70_release_debian

Like:
bzr push lp:~grass/grass/grass70_release_debian

You may need to add yourself to the GRASS team at Launchpad:
https://launchpad.net/~grass/+members

If your updated debian files work well, we could re-enable the automatic
builds.

Another possibility is to update lp:~grass/grass/grass70_release_debian
with the following:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntugis-testing/+files
/grass70_7.0-1~svn55286~ubuntu2.debian.tar.gz

BTW, the same need to be done with the 6.4.x series.

I could give you hints if you get stuck. But since I am not on
day-to-day work at GRASS on Ubuntu right know I cannot update the
builders. No time.

Looking forward to your input.

Best regards.