[GRASS-user] RE : GRASS 6.4 Windows - How to change current directory

Nicolas Pérenne nicolas.perenne at free.fr
Thu Mar 28 04:35:38 PDT 2013

Le 27/03/2013 15:47, BLANDENIER Lucien a écrit :
> Thank you Nicolas for your answer,
>
> I tried the chdir command but it doesn't work. As for the cd command, I dont' receive an error message but I stay in C:\.
>
> I use the distribution that is include in the QGis distribution.

> De : Nicolas Pérenne [nicolas.perenne at free.fr]
> Date d'envoi : mercredi 27 mars 2013 15:38
> À : BLANDENIER Lucien
> Cc: "grass-user ‎[grass-user at lists.osgeo.org]‎"
> Objet : Re: [GRASS-user] GRASS 6.4 Windows - How to change current directory
>
> Le 27/03/2013 15:04, BLANDENIER Lucien a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have some problem to change the current directory on the windows terminal. I used cd : d:\directory but I stay in the same directory...
>>
>> Do someone knows how to do that on windows?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>

>> Lucien

> if you are using the OSGeo4W distribution, then you might try "chdir"
> instead of "cd"
> (DOS syntax)... which looks strange to me but it did happen in a test I
> recently performed
>
> Nicolas

It won't help in the current case but for potential OSGeo4W users I need
to correct myself:
the shell in (my installation of) OSGeo4W is ms-dos, not 'bash' (or any
other flavor of 'sh').
So it does understand 'cd' (contratry to what I wrote above) although
the native command would be more like 'chdir'.

Hoverer, to switch to another "drive" in ms-dos I first type the drive
(by itself), e.g.
C:> D: <enter>
and then I can proceed with 'cd':
D:> cd grassdata <enter>