[GRASS-user] how to overcome gaps in the roads network

דור פרידמן dof1985 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 06:56:08 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Trying to use v.net.distance or v.net.iso on my network, I have found some
gaps in it. Namely some roads are cut in the middle, thus distorting the
results. I am looking for the easiest way (a function or so) to fix,
overcome such problems/fixing the network, probably using a threshold or so.

I am aware of 2 hard solutions:

   1. fix it manually
   2. get a better layer of roads

However, since I'm working on the national scale the first one will take
forever and the second is problematic due to data scarcity.

Best,

Dor