[GRASS-user] gis.m no

Robert A Brown brown782 at purdue.edu
Thu Mar 28 11:09:24 PDT 2013

Great Mrartin and thank you for your rapid response.  I have been using that on my Mac for sometime. When I open grass on my Mac I have to use the g.gui command in -bash to open the Grass GIS Layer Manager.

With that said am I missing an extension that automatically opens the original "Welcome to GRASS GIS" window that allows you to select a new location? Currently, I have to create a new location either in -bash or once the Grass GIS File Manager opens, use the Menu Bar
Settings
  ->GRASS working environment
              ->Create new location

Then once the new location is created in have to go back to -bash and change locations.

$ grass70 ~\some_file_directory\PERMANENT

I appreciate all of the GRASS developer help you provide

sincerely,

Robert Brown
PhD Student
Purdue University