[GRASS-user] Using a vector map as target map for raster map to georectify

Nom DePlume mail at nomdeplume.name
Fri Mar 29 05:40:24 PDT 2013

Hi Markus (/All)

I'm using your book to learn Grass, and am presently exploring the
Georectify tool, but using the wxGUI, as recently assisted by Martin Lander.
I am trying to follow what I can through the way you are demonstrating with
your files before I try my own stuff, but am unable to select a vector file,
map streets_wake as my georectify target. This issue was addressed
previously in
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2012-January/063055.html and
apparently fixed (?), but version Grass 6.4.2 for Windows (Vista) does not
seem to permit me:

'I have added full vector support in the wx georectifier (trunk

r50059). You can now display a vector and/or a raster from the target

location, and the long-standing bug [1] for vector rectification is

also fixed by using the new module v.rectify.'

Haven't yet worked out how to correctly use v.to.rast, but seems cleaner and
better if I can use a vector map natively.

Is the option to select a vector target there somewhere?-Feel there is
likely a simple answer to this!

  Brolly