[GRASS-user] Processing LiDAR data in GRASS GIS

Mark Seibel mseibel at gmail.com
Thu May 2 07:08:58 PDT 2013

Hi,

>      v.in.ascii input=b29_3.txt output=b29_3 fs=space z=3

You could skip the attribute table by using this command and make 3D
points and not build topology:
v.in.ascii -z -t -b input=text_file.xyz output=surface_points fs=space z=3

>      g.region vect=b29_3 -p
The -a flag aligns the region. Was the resolution set prior?  If the
resolution was not set, you can do this with:
g.region vect=b29_3 -ap res=<your desired resolution>

 It stated that I have to show in which column of the attribute
> table are Z values in order to execute the command.

The v.surf.rst module produces very nice results and allows usage of
the 3D points (-z).

Mark