[GRASS-user] GRASS64 - r.mapcalc - replacement of specifics value by a mean of nearest neigbour

BLANDENIER Lucien lucien.blandenier at unine.ch
Sat May 4 11:17:22 PDT 2013

Dear Grass users,

I'm working with rasters maps of large area and I want to calculate surface related to specific colours. Before this, I have to replace the surfaces of the rivers by the surrounding value (or the mean of the surrounding value).

I looked at the manual of r.mapcalc but I didn't found how to do this...

For instance, I want to replace all value between 4 and 7 by the mean of the value of the 4 nearest pixels.

Is there any way of doing this?

Which command shall I use then for calculating the surface for each color? r.stats? or is there a command that directly computes the surface?

Best regards

Lucien