[GRASS-user] r.resamp.rst - ERROR: Input window changed while maps are open for read.

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon May 6 09:43:19 PDT 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Pietro <peter.zamb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to use r.resamp.rst in GRASS7, I would like to interpolate
> a map from a resolution of 1m to a resolution of 0.25.

Note also the module mentioned below.

Re r.resamp.rst usage:

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Paul Kelly wrote:
> On Thu, 22 May 2008, Hamish wrote:
>
>>> Thanks for the answer - I am in the process of trying it out. But:
>>> When I try to use r.resamp.rst, I get the error message "Input map
>>> resolution differs from current region resolution!". I thought that
>>> r.resamp.rst is doing exactly that - changing the resolution?

> As far as I know it works "the wrong way round", i.e. different from the
> other resampling modules - you actually run it with the resolution set to
> that of the original map (g.region rast=mapname), and set the desired new
> resolution using command-line options.

I'm afraid that this is still the case.
However, like this it should work for you.

Note also this module:
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/r.resamp.interp.html
 r.resamp.interp - Resamples raster map layers to a finer grid using
interpolation.

@devs: the best might be to add the RST method to r.resamp.interp...

Markus