[GRASS-user] Failed export of vector, missing attribute column

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Thu May 16 14:16:48 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Johannes Radinger
<johannesradinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> of course, I just forgot again that the column name can be to long for a
> shapefile.
> Thank you Micha!
> Maybe the Error message can be improved in such cases.

These warnings
Warning 1: Field Riv of width 1000 truncated to 255.
Warning 1: Field Site of width 1000 truncated to 255.
Warning 1: Field type of width 1000 truncated to 255.

and this error
ERROR 6: Failed to add field named 'passability'

come from the OGR library. If you want these messages to be improved,
please ask on the GDAL dev ml. GRASS can not change these messages.

Markus M