[GRASS-user] Error in GRASS 7 and r.out.mpeg

Rainer M. Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Sat May 18 09:23:21 PDT 2013

Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> writes:

> Rainer wrote:
>> [...] as for direct viewing, imagemagick can be
>> used on that folder, while one could always provide a
>> collection of example commands to encode to movie format.
>
> in GRASS 6 see also the d.slide.show module, and the included
> xganim program.
>
> And in grass 7 there is a new g.gui.animation tool in-development.
> try it out via File -> Animation tool. [today I get a traceback error]

That is really great - as I am using it at the moment for quick
evaluations if my simulations worked, g.gui.animation will be the tool
of my choice.

And I also saw something new: the temporal data type. At the moment I am
archiving the results of my simulations (several raster maps) in
separate mapsets, one per year - but the temporal data type looks
perfect for this.

Thanks a lot,

Rainer