[GRASS-user] Horizon Model (was Airborne LiDAR data strip adjustment)

Rebecca Bennett rabennett at ymail.com
Mon May 20 07:16:34 PDT 2013

Hi Adrian,

This is the approach I used to calculate SVF in GRASS (as you probably know). You can test the similarity to Kokalj et al's original algorithm by processing another copy from your DTM using their ENVI plugin or standalone tool from here http://iaps.zrc-sazu.si/en/svf#v and running some visual or quantitative assessments

FWIW I can't remember if I did a quantitative comparison of the horizon images I created against the SFV I made from teh standalone (for me it was sufficient that the process and variables of horizon view creation in GRASS were methodologically the same as the published SVF, and visually they were identical)

Good luck!
Rebecca