[GRASS-user] Weighted kernel density- How to?

Patrick S. patrick_GIS at gmx.ch
Wed Nov 6 02:17:08 PST 2013

Dear all,

Hopefully someone of you can help me:
I need to run a kernel density function as distance weighted function
that uses a given attribute. Locations are given as points and the
weight is given in a column. As far as I see, this is not possible with
v.kernel (Manual: "LIMITATIONS The module only considers the presence of
points, but not (yet) any attribute values."). But some presentations
speak of 3D-kernel functions, e.g.
http://geomatica.como.polimi.it/corsi/geog_info_system/introGRASS.pdf

Searching the web I saw the following solution using R:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2010-April/055668.html, but
would prefer to keep the solution inside the GRASS workspace.

Is there an addon I don't know of? Or does anybody have an alternative
approach?

Thanks,

Patrick Schirmer