[GRASS-user] Permission denied to access a mapset in Linux

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Nov 12 06:46:27 PST 2013

António Rocha wrote:

> I have a Location and Mapset in a folder in Linux Server that was
> created by me and I runned some scripts and created some maps etc. I
> have a colleague that is trying enter in the mapset and it gets
> Permission Denied. How can I allow her to access the mapset without any
> problems?

You can "access" any mapset provided that you have the relevant
permissions (read permission for files, read and execute permission
for directories).

GRASS won't allow you to select a mapset as the current mapset unless
you are the owner of the mapset directory.

If you just need to access maps from a particular mapset, you can add
the mapset to the search path with g.mapset, or reference maps using
fully-qualified names (map at mapset format).