[GRASS-user] About Matrix Weights

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 19:58:24 PST 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Luís Miguel Royo Pérez <
luis.miguel.royo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course!
>
> here is the command I'm using:
>
> r.neighbors --overwrite input=celdas.aleatorias.1-250 at PERMANENToutput=media1-250.pesos0 weight=/home/luismi/Escritorio/prueba_pesos0.txt
>
>  And the Matrix Weight is the next:
>
> 0 0 0
> 0 0 0
> 0 0 0
>
> This matrix is the same for 1, 5 and 10 values. I'm putting spaces between
> the numbers... is this correct?
>

> Spaces between numbers are OK (and newline for rows). You may want to try
the analyze test map created by r.mapcalc:

r.mapcalc expression="a_test = row()  - 1 + col() - 1"

0 1 2
1 2 3
2 3 4

r.neighbors input=a_test at PERMANENT output=a_neig method=sum weight=...

some weights:
1 10 1
10 1 1
1 1 1

method was sum (easy to count by hand), so result:

4 9 24
9 36 63
24 63 90

The center cell is
1*0 + 10*1 + 1*2 + 10*1 + 1*2 + 1*3 + 1*2 + 1*3 + 1*4  = 36

You are right, some example like this should be in the manual.

Zero weight really creates NULLs which is strange, I would expect zeros,
maybe bug.

Hope that helps, if not hopefully others can say something about it.

Vaclav