[GRASS-user] i.image.mosaic generates blank mosaic

nyflyer moses.divaker at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 07:02:31 PST 2013

Hello all,

I've been trying to use the i.image.mosaic command in GRASS 6.4.1 in Ubuntu
to stitch two raster image files (technically I'm trying to stitch only the
blue channel of an RGB truecolor image) but I'm just getting a blank image
file as the output.

I set the region to the proper region and it's not a "NULL" file, but
rather, it just doesn't show up. If I use the r.patch command they both
patch into one single raster, but unfortunately the colors aren't really
balanced.

Does anyone know what's up? Here's the output from r.info on the mosaicked
image using i.image.mosaic:

(Tue Nov 12 17:52:43 2013)

r.info
map=Warehouse17.blue.georectified.Warehouse18.blue.georectified.mosaic at Warehouse_Mosaic

| Layer:    Warehouse17.blue.georectified  Date: Tue Nov 12 16:57:08 2013
|

| Mapset:   Warehouse_Mosaic               Login of Creator: user
|

| Location: Parking_Lot_Test_4_UTM
|

| DataBase: /home/user/Documents/grassdata
|

| Title:     ( Warehouse17.blue.georectified.Warehouse18.blue.georectified.m
|

| Timestamp: none

|   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories: 511
|

|   Data Type:    CELL
|

|   Rows:         5232
|

|   Columns:      5487
|

|   Total Cells:  28707984
|

|        Projection: UTM (zone 17)
|

|            N: 3280373.34673833    S: 3280265.18938071   Res: 0.02067228
|

|            E: 372335.90758975    W: 372236.78889019   Res: 0.01806428
|

|   Range of data:    min = 0  max = 511
|

|   Data Description:
|

|    generated by r.mapcalc
|

|   Comments:
|

|    if(isnull(Warehouse17.blue.georectified),
|

|    Warehouse18.blue.georectified + 256, Warehouse17.blue.georectified)
|

|    i.image.mosaic "image1=Warehouse17.blue.georectified" "image2=Warehouse
|

|    18.blue.georectified"

(Tue Nov 12 17:52:43 2013) Command finished (0 sec)

Thanks, and let me know what you guys think.

Moses