[GRASS-user] how to import e00 data

Rebecca Bennett rabennett at ymail.com
Thu Nov 21 00:49:01 PST 2013

Hi Simone,

If you are an ArcGIS user you may find setting up a GRASS location via QGIS and the GRASS plugin simpler to start with as it steps you through the process.

There are details of how to do this in LITA Practical 3 here: http://www.pushingthesensors.com/teaching-materials/

You can load the raster you have into QGIS, import it into your new GRASS location and fit the location to your imported raster for all subsequent processing. You can then continue to use via the GRASS plugin or in standalone GRASS.

Best,
Rebecca

On Thursday, 21 November 2013, 8:05, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Simone Gabbriellini
<simone.gabbriellini at gmail.com> wrote:
> mmm, I really give up... it's impossibly complicated to have a result.
>
> Maybe I should try to find another GIS software, less powerful but simpler.

Or another dataset?
You are trying to import the "Digital Chart of the World" which is fairly old.

If that's the scope, we may assist. If you really wanted a modern
dataset, perhaps use a different one?
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geodata#Global_Administrative_Areas

Best
Markus