[GRASS-user] G7-gui and G64 add-on problems on Xubuntu (installation from grass/ubuntugis ppa)

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Mon Oct 14 23:03:36 PDT 2013

Dear all,
I am receiving quite some of these mails on the LP packages for both
version 6.x
& 7.x.
There are even less constructive messages like: "your PPA is broken.
just let you know. fix it"

As noted in an earlier email:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user/46947

I currently cannot devote any time to fix issues there.

I would be happy to have a larger team that could care of these.
Please request membership at:
https://launchpad.net/~grass/+join

Please have a look at the instruction here:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Packaging

Some time I tried to set a QGIS builder as well as I needed the new
version but is didn't work out.

Why should OSGEO4W have more up to date packages?
Let's work this out here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Timme