[GRASS-user] libintl8.dll not found

FNK pablo.fnk.foncas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 00:46:28 PDT 2013

Hello,

I need to instal the 6.4.2 version of Grass in my Windows 7. I've done it
from the bin downloaded here
(http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/native/) because
downloading the OSGEO4W installer, it installs at least 6.4.3 version.

I install it without problem and I launch the interface too, however, I've
added to the local variables the next entries because I want to use GRASS
commands from the windows console:

Path=	C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS 6.4.2\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS
6.4.2\scripts;C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS 6.4.2\lib;C:\Program Files
(x86)\GRASS 6.4.2\extralib;

GISBASE=C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS 6.4.2;
GISRC= /* My grassrc6 file */

However when I try, for example, to launch a g.list from the console, it
says that libintl8.dll is not found. The web page of winGRASS give a
solution:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WinGRASS_errors#Error_message_.22This_application_has_failed_to_start_because_libintl3.dll_was_not_found.22._.28or_libiconv2.dll_and.2For_regex2.dll.29

But I don't know how to do it. How can I reinstall msys from winGRASS
binary?

Regards.